Translate

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #ToFillAnEmptyHeartWithNothing

“Sorry I'm late.”
Father Time* #quote


Today we ordered the cake for my birthday party this weekend it's going to be scrumptious!


To Fill An Empty Heart With Nothing

        “It's gone!” I cried tears of glee and looked through the windows of my space station. The blue Earth now turned into a molten blob as it melded with the moon I dropped on it with my doomsday weapon. One cataclysmic beam from my device melted the planet, distrupted gravity, and destroyed the world.
I finally destroyed the world. The planet a mere shadow of itself. Many supervillains dreamed of it. But I did it. All the people dead. The superheroes too. To see that nothingness of a world filled me with glee. I hated everything.
        How many superheroes and villains are born by accidents? My accident made me intelligent and able to observe the world around me to finest detail. But that made all information overloading. Every single insult carved itself into my mind, and everything wrong with the world would never leave me. I gave up on humanity. Every mistake of my own would be forever remembered. I grew to hate everything that I could observe. I saw every flaw in every person and then everything better than me about them. Optimism didn't exist for me. Except for one kind of optimism. I could get rid of it all.
       I didn't think suicide would get me what I wished for. I wanted to get rid of that world. So that no one like me would happen again. And then I could also look into space and see the calmness of a melting planet. No chaotic, swirling weather. Just the planet ending. And with it destroyed I wouldn't have to think about it. I could sit happily on my space station aging. Calm at last.
      The planet then reverted to normal. What? No! It was destroyed! I looked around me and my ship was damaged. My assistant robots destroyed. Walls torn to pieces. I saw superheroes flying around. One with magicians hat and dress standing in front of me.
      “You broke through my spell,” he said to me. “I'm the Magnificent Illusionist of superhero fame. Your plot is thwarted like so many other super villain’s. Your next stop is prison. And from how powerful your device was you'll be marked as high risk. You'll never escape with the security we'll put on you.
       My hands dropped. “No, I need. I need my nothingness!” I ran over to two sharp pieces of metal that broke off one of the walls in my space station. I jammed them into my eyes and roared in pain as I blinded myself. I knew the heroes would try to stop me soon so before they could stop on me anymore I took the last bit of energy I had and ruptured my eardrums. I would have the nothingness I desired.
     I was happy with the life in prison they gave me. I was fed and I could live in a void deprived of overloading sensation. Perhaps the sane would hate my fate. But I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment