Translate

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheEdwardProximity

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.
Wile E. Coyote* #quote


        Today I went out to eat with my parents, it was quite scrumptions! We also went shopping for my birthday coming up. I pointed out a big pool of items and they picked a small fraction from them(I was not there when bagged) ergo I don't know what I'm going to get and they also picked out some complete surprises as well. I'm quite looking forward to my birthday as my parents usually have good instincts on things.

The Edward Proximity

       Edward slowly died of cancer. His entire family supported him throughout the pain and sadness. They made the darkness of seeing inevitable death lighter. But it still came and took him away. The family even hired private nurses to help care for him so he could have a hospital bed in his own home.
       His friends also supported him. They all stood next to him for one of their many dinners with him when he started coughing more violently than usual. They smiled and told him it was alright and he smiled back like usual. But this time he died and his family and friends kept their smiles on until they knew Edward's soul no longer touched this world.
      And after they knew they mourned a long time. A funeral worthy of him was held. He deserved all the support as he lived a very kind man, in sickness and health. His passing smashed the hearts of all his family and friends. The hearts recovered with a few cracks remaining. They also became stronger as his strength and the ordeal inspired them to live a fuller life.
     Three blocks away though lived a family named the Walters. They never even heard of or met Edward, besides just passing the family's cars on the street, and to them they were just other drivers. The man's death meant nothing to them, the happenings in their own lives meant more.

No comments:

Post a Comment