Translate

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #WhatsInArea51

“A little rain never hurt anybody.”
Noah* #quote

       My refrigerator is running. It's hoping to enter the Olympics and get a gold medal! Wish it luck in its training, it's going to need it because it has to work off a lot of weight before it can even hope to compete with everyone else. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



What's In Area 51

       “Why can't you let me just go out there and tell those kids to get off my lawn!” a grumpy alien said to a government official. The blue alien shook a three fingered fist while his blue body was covered in white pajamas and he glared with the four eyes on his large, round, lumpy head.
         The government official groaned. “You know the agreement Mr. Ork. You can't go outside your property unless its far away and in disguise. No one can know that you're on Earth or the existence of your home.”
       The alien growled. “I keep paying to rent this vacation home and you fail to at least keep people away from it! And Area 51? I'd think I would at least be able to give the place its name to the outside world.”'
Mr. Ork did pay for his hidden, underground home in Area 51, despite being an alien. He bought alien goods and sent them to Earth. Alien laws did have limitations on what technologies or items could be exported to certain worlds. (Know as underclass, or developing worlds, tampering with development is a big debate among alien environmentalists.) But Mr. Ork had enough wiggle room to make good money.
He continued to complain. “And another thing! Why do you all have to keep making all that noise with your military testing? Airplanes this and that! It's so noisy I have to go to the soundproof basement of my underground mansion to sleep!”
        “Sir, I'm the janitor why do you keep complaining to me? I can't do anything.” Truly the janitor was only technically a government official, and got high incredibly high clearance because of where he cleaned. “I'm sorry, but you know we can't do anything.”
          Ork frowned. “Because you're the only one who listens. I rent this home to get away from all the stress of my business on my home world. I don't have a family there or friends because of my work. I don't have one here but at least there's unfamiliar things to see.”
          “How can your work keep you from having family or friends?”
          “I stepped on people to get where I am there. And now no one wishes to be a real friend. I'm either competition or someone to be exploited. I have all the joys of riches, but nothing else. So I came to Earth naturally. So I could be rich and social.”
          The janitor started to understand. “But you're disguise only lasts a few hours and can only be activated once a week.”
          “Yes.” The alien responded.
          The janitor laughed. “Well, first, why don't we just invite some people from the base down here for a quick party? Then after that I'll show you the Internet. It's a place where people talk where nobody will know your an alien!”
        And that's how Area 51 got a secret, super enhanced, underground Internet connection, paid for by alien money.

No comments:

Post a Comment