Translate

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #LordFraxxensDesire

“Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
Donald Trump* #quote


      Today I stared into the eternal vastness of space and saw the Moon. We need to find aliens so that humans won't be just visiting the Moon, but alien theme parks. I wonder what an alien Disneyland would be like. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Lord Fraxxen's Desire

       It took Lord Fraxxen ten years of battle to conquer all the lands in Granjii. Nobody thought it could be done. Each of the kingdoms in Granjii held in their own strengths in their armies, their own political and geographic advantages. Wars had been waged and countries and expanded and contracted, but any attempt to get larger than a certain size was knocked down. People thought it a fool's errand to think of conquering it all. But Fraxxen did it. He rose from a commoner, and like magic he innovated the army he worked in, rose through the ranks, became general and swept the land under his rule.
       “The anniversary of my takeover,” Lord Fraxxen said to his best friend Waryi. “And yet I don't feel satisfied.” Waryi served as an advisor to Fraxxen. He served as an external doubt for the man. Every plan Fraxxen came up with he ran by Waryi for flaws, and Waryi gave him advice on several espionage and other similar tactics.
        “But you did do what you wanted to do,” Waryi said. “You united the entire land, ending all the war by making it one unified country. You made a government to your fitting. No kings. You kept yourself a figurehead. You met your dream.”
         Lord Fraxxen looked at Waryi. They both wore very comfortable robes as they lounged around the palace. A contrast to the military uniform they wore for many years. “I think I know what I need. I need to fight. I desire purpose. I desire war.”
        “War? That's madness!” His friend looked at him cautiously, like he would a wild animal. “What is wrong with you? There is no one to fight! No reason to fight! What war is there to wage?”
Fraxxen grew frustrated. “I don't know! But I want to keep fighting. Keep fighting for some change. I'm a warrior. I need to grind down someone into dust. But I am a good soul. I need to find some demon to fight. Even if I must make it.”
      Waryi shuddered. “You know of the bloodshed I've seen but I never been this scared. I know your power in war. I thought you've settled down this past year. But if you've become this kind of man. I can't let you do something like this.”
       “I know! I will create a revolution, perpetually challenge the ones in power to keep them in line. Perhaps war will boost the economy. You and I, we can now fight to keep the world safe. I can be the enemy of the lands that unites everyone.”
        Waryi looked at his friend in fear. “A common enemy? You already created a place where such a plan is unneeded. I challenge you to a duel to the death at dawn in the alleyway behind the palace. Not another word.” Waryi left immediately.
       They met for the duel. Despite his mad plans to hurt others, Fraxxen felt honor bound to fulfill Waryi's request and also meet the cultural requirements of honoring a challenge to a duel. Fraxxen desired war and resolution so much he forgot about the friend he knew so very well.
        Waryi was a master of espionage and trickery flowed through his viens. He cared for the people and saw Fraxxen grew mad over the years they did war and he needed to be stopped. With a mind engraved with trickery and those reasons Waryi could dishonor the duel for the needs of the people. When Fraxxen showed for the duel ten assassins took him down, three dying in the process as Fraxxen was not only a mighty general, but warrior so even when taken by surprise held his own.
       Waryi held an extravagant funeral for his friend, as a look-a-like fake corpse was put on display to have died from "a sudden illness". Waryi shed tears for his friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment