Translate

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #RevengeOfADragon

“Clap your hands if you believe!”
Friedrich Nietzsche* #quote


Tomorrow I'm going to be picking up a game that my friend CJ preordered for me for my birthday. Seizures were down compared to before so my mood's up. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Revenge Of A Dragon

      An old knight and adventurer sat in his lavish home while a large black dragon looked at him with a furious glare. The knight didn't wear his armor, mostly wrinkles and a large white beard. His bald head shined more than his blade and his brown eyes had as much rust as his old adventuring armor. His mansion was paid for by the many treasures he gathered raiding the lands of monsters and taking the treasures there along with selling the skins of monsters and various parts. The feathers of a griffon and the scales of a dragon fetched a great deal of money to the right buyers. Especially on the harder to kill monsters.
      The dragon roared. “I've already killed the others.” The knight had already parted ways with the others.  Did the dragon really kill the great witch Galli and all his other fellow adventurers? So, himself, Sir Wings, was the only one left. “Just accept your punishment.”
      “My punishment?” The knight asked.
       The large dragon stretched his dark, coal-colored scales while his neck brought his head eye to eye with the man. “Remember the summer of fifty years ago?”
       “Not particularly. I'm quite old.” Sir Wings didn't feel any fear when faced with a dragon. He spent too many years around large beasts. Fearful instincts were torn from his body from all his adventures.
The dragon held one of his claws up to the knights throat. “You killed my entire family! Then my neighbors and their families too. Almost everyone I knew died at the hands of you and the people you traveled with.  Then you ransacked everything you deemed valuable. Including our corpses. I remember you skinning my father as I hid from you.”
        The knight laughed. Sir Wings laughed hard. “I know your going to kill me anyway so I may as well tell you the truth. You're not special. Your pain isn't special. I've done that at least thousands of times. Honestly I wonder if I didn't monsters to raid if I would have done it to humans. Make the weak into a demon then take all you can from them. It's how its been through all of history. I guess I'm the weak now in my old age. Feel free to take back all the wealth after you kill me. This old man has had his fun.”
     The dragon killed the old man in a rage. Whether or not the knight's words led him to do it he decided he couldn't stop at those that hurt him. He decided to keep attacking all those like the knight. All who think like him. And for justice perhaps he would take what is theirs and give it back to the dragons and bring more of them to his cause.
      Depending on how his soul decides to guide him the dragon may very well become like the knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment