Translate

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheCulinaryArtsHaveGoneToFar

“She put the lime in the coconut...”
Gilligan* #quote

       Today I went to the card game thing. I managed to make my deck with the silly pokemon. It won and it was hilarious. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Culinary Arts Have Gone To Far

        The military restrained the chef and his customers. They burned down his entire restaurant and every single record of his existence and creations. They didn't want his food to get out to the public.
        “How dare you destroy his creations!” One of the chef's assistants said.
        “What have we done?” One of the customers said.
         A colonel leading the squad apprehending them appeared, though a general watched over the whole operation. “I'm sorry you know too much. I can see it in your eyes. You already want more. You want to eat at the restaurant again. If you can't eat here again you will attempt to make it yourself tirelessly.
        The chef himself remained silent.
        The colonel looked at the chef. “You took food too far. You took the culinary arts too far. To create a menu that could addict anyone worse than any drug with normal foods...it would be impossible regulate. The obesity problem we have now would be laughable if your recipes became know to the mass populace. Even your healthier meals would cause the populace to become like sloths because of the sheer quantity they would eat. The General told me I had to tell you why we're taking you in. But I think you already knew that didn't you?”
        The chef nodded as solider pulled him.
         The colonel looked at him. “Why would you create such dangerously delicious food? So much that we have to apprehend everyone even remotely aware of it?”
        The chef smiled. The soldiers were taking him away in the middle of the workday so he still wore his chef uniform. “Why do scientists want to discover? Why do artists want to create? Think of my cooking as my art I had to discover the perfection of. I had to show people to make sure I was correct.”
        The colonel heard this statement. He would never tell a soul lest he be locked away too, but he secretly ate some of the restaurant leftovers from the kitchen before they burnt it all down. He desired more and wanted to create it himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment