Translate

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheEternityExperiment

“I'm a people person.”
Hannibal Lecter* #quote


Today television watched me. I wasn't as entertaining as it. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Eternity Experiment

        I'd have to consult my notes to tell you how old I am. Or even my last name. I go by my real first name whenever I can. It's Amanda...I think. I've been going through so many era's I've lost track. Really I didn't keep enough notes at the start to really tell my true age. I do like the name the genie gave me: Clock. I have no idea what I look like either. I'm swapping between skin and hair colors now while deciding what era to go to next. Gotta fit in right?
         The genie has a good memory with everything but dates and people's faces. Considering how many he's seen and how much time has passed. He did tell me that I was a historian though. I could tell that from what I wished for. And what has kept me occupied for so long. I wished for immortality, the power to travel through time and change history, and his magic help me do whatever I want in history. Apparently the only way the last one could happen is if he tagged along with me forever. And also his bottle transformed into some sort of neutral time-space away from Earth and all the time-lines I visited and created. The genie said he didn't understand how it worked beyond how to operate it, and his bosses didn't want him to know either. Didn't know they had bosses.
      I suppose I've said all this so I could both brag and confess. I've been experimenting with time at my leisure. Even if I die a horrible death somewhere my immortality keeps me alive and the genie brings me safe to the neutral zone. Thanks to the magic he has I can manipulate things how I want. I've traveled to the year 30,000 and helped with peace talks with the aliens in the shadows. Oh, but more relevant to you I've made the Cold War go nuclear to see how it would play out. As a historian I would see and record and study it. How fascinating. I lived through that time line to a point and reset it to what I wanted next.
     My bragging is that I am doing such a grand experiment over thousands and eventually millions of time lines as I live on forever. And my confession is that yes, I suppose this is a sin I may never pay for since I will never die. If I cause pain in a time line people will live through it. Your time line(at least in your era) is my study of economic collapse in multiple nations and their effect on war and its length. Grin and bear it, I am getting some fascinating results. And if you see a girl smiling at any grim news in the paper then it may just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment