Translate

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #AFallingStar

“I'm not sure if this is my color.”
Gandalf the White*

Anyway onto the flash fiction!

A Falling Star

         Wobble, wubble, wobble, wubble. While I float through space those are the sounds I imagine myself making if I could make sounds in this void. I broke off a moon some time before and now I just keep going and going. An object in motion tends to stay in motion. And stays and stays.
         Wobble, wubble, wobble, wubble.
          The stars are so beautiful and bright. I can feel their gravity tugging at me. Star after star tugs at me. I want to fall into one and become bright like it, I don't feel very happy being just a dull rock in space. But since so many stars are pulling at me I never fall into any particular one. I want to be bright.
        Wobble, wubble, wobble, wubble.
       After many eons of floating I see something bright that isn't a star. It's blue. A planet? But it has patterns unlike any other planet I've seen. It has such wonderful white spots on it. Bright white. I can feel the tug of its gravity.
        Wobble, wubble, wobble, wubble.
        I thought that the sun of this solar system would take me. But I assumed incorrectly. This planet came close and snatched me up. I loved its bright blue and white colors though. And I started to feel bright and hot. This planet had an atmosphere didn't it? I must be burning up. That meant that I would light up like all the stars I'd seen. I would no longer be going wobble, wubble, wobble, wubble.
       I would be bright, I would shine and any sound I could make would be a wonderful lively roar as I burned away and fell into that atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment