Translate

Friday, March 28, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheGrassIsGreenerOnTheOtherSideOfThePersonality

“I forgot.”
Data, Star Trek*


       Today I went to one of my fun school clubs. Tomorrow my brother comes over to celebrate his birthday and we head out to The David Lambert Memorial Salmon Dinner, a Lion's Club event. It's dedicated to my grandfather one of the greatest people I have ever known. Now onto the flash fiction!

The Grass Is Greener On The Other Side Of The Personality


       Dumb, ugly ol' Adam they called me. Well I found a genie got myself a wish. I knew what I wanted. I wasn't going to be dumb or ugly anymore. Or afraid of nothing. I'm also going to like different things too. Like what all the cool people like. What the strong people like, what the good looking celebrities like. I'm going to make myself the best mix of all the traits of all the best people. Like some sort of perfect person soup!
        Genie grant me my wish alright!?
        And so he did. I'm everything I wished I would be. That genie looks at me with a smile though. He's already seeing my second thoughts. I do miss my previous self. All my memories and life are built around that. I can tell he expects me to use the remaining wishes to undo this wish. I suppose most people who find a genie make unwise wishes and undo them.
      That old personality and all its memories nag at me, but being perfect is a blessing beyond compare. I may have to spend the rest of my days fighting the urge to wish back my old, natural self. But when you have perfection, it may just be worth it. At least I am no longer Adam the dumb and ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment