Translate

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheProphetClub

“Honey I'm home!”
Winnie the Pooh* #quote


       Today I built a deck for a upcoming pokemon tournament that I may go to and went to my costuming club. The costuming club covered using Pepakura, a sort of 3D paper program that prints out patterns for you use. (For example someone could in the program, create a 3D image and then it could print out on a piece of paper the parts you could cut out, fold and glue together to make the image). It's useful for making costumes because if you make a 3D paper model you can then use that to put plastic resin or other things on to make the actual costume.
       Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Prophet Club


       A few prophets were hanging out in a psychic club hidden away in the back of some bar in New York. The club included some very high class, well-know figures...even the ghost of Nostradamus showed up. So did Tim the Moneyman. He knew about and invested on the patterns of the housing speculation and collapse. Don't know Tim? These are well known figures in the prophesying world, they usually don't let in the common folk. They figured awhile back they'd be discriminated against. Special powers did have a record of getting you stoned to death.
       Hansel the Great said to Nostradamus, “Hey Mr. Vague you wanna tell us who's gonna win the next football game? I'd like to place a bet.”
      The ghost replied in offense, “I kept my predictions so that many cultures would be able to apply my knowledge to their time. I saw patterns, not absolutes.”
       Hansel laughed. “Oh, you don't want to admit that you're just old blood when powers were developing. Or maybe the malnutrition back then made your visions so bad.”
       Tim the Moneyman grumbled, “Why do you have to bully the old ghost? I swear half the time I feel guilty eating in front of him since he can't do it anymore. Poor guy hasn't even eaten a burger.”
       Ronald the Spoiler asked everyone, “Hey want to know what happens in the new movie? It's totally cool.”
       “No!” All the prophets in the club said, many more than just Hansel, Tim and Nostradamus. Ronald's visions only involved movies so he felt left out since nobody wanted to hear the ending ahead of time.
       Nostradamus shrugged his ethereal shoulders. “You know Hansel I bet I can give a prediction that is totally accurate and will come true no matter what. It won't be vague at all.”
      Hansel smirked. “Baloney old timer. You bet? How about this, if you can make the prediction I'll put a picture of you in my living room for a year. If you can't you'll admit that your a fraud whose predictions are nothing but vague ramblings.”
       “Deal.” Nostradamus smiled with the misty teeth of his ghost body and told her, “My prediction is that ten seconds will pass.”
       And so ten seconds did pass. And more seconds after that. After all time keeps flowing, and in that following time a picture of Nostradamus was hung in Hansel's living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment