Translate

Friday, March 21, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #GearFestival

“Nobody respects my privacy.”
The Loch Ness Monster* #quote


      Went to a dinner for my grandmother's birthday today. Lot's of fun was had and it was most joyous! Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Gear Festival

        The stereos all around the festival played music from the eras of our kind and the eras of the fleshed ones. Booths selling various traditional festival knickknacks scattered themselves through the massive park. From the trees, plants, statues and whatever else hung gears from strings. Every year for the gear festival children would hang the gears from strings like this to show how thankful we were for all the gears inside of us. They would also gather them up to be used next year after festival day and learn how to clean and prevent them from rusting. An educational school project. Schools around the country would do this. I wondered if other countries did similar things for their festivals.
        “I know a good view for the fireworks,” I told my girlfriend. I grabbed her arm. My steel fingers wrapped around hers and my sensors could feel the wonderful, relaxing cold between us. I led her to a calm place next to the lake in the park and under a massive tree. Thousands of gears hung from tree's branches and where I had us sit the full moon could be seen among the sea of stars beyond the sea of hanging gears.
         When her eyes met mine, and all the thousands of cameras inside of them lined up, I could feel our computations synching up. “This is a wonderful view.” She told me.
        I then replied, “There was something besides the fireworks I wanted you to see.” From my pocket I pulled out a titanium gear. “Will you take this gear and me with it?” If she said yes, she agreed to have that gear placed within her body, to be a part of her, and we would marry.
       “Yes,” She said and hugged me.

No comments:

Post a Comment