Translate

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #NecromancersCat

“What's his batting average?”
Batman* #quote


      Today we celebrated my bro's birthday, I got him a Darth Vader Pez Dispenser that plays Star Wars music when you open it along with a custom printed t-shirt(y-know those shirts you can ask for them to print an image and text on it) where it says “I'm not that kind of Doctor” and it has a picture of a witchdoctor. He's a scientist with a doctorate in Material Engineering so yeah that's the joke there. Anyway onto the flash fiction!
Necromancer's Cat

       My name is Daroni and I am a great necromancer, master of life and death. And I hear about this scientist who talks about a cat that is both dead and alive. Naturally being interesting in zombies and like I visit the man in the summer of 1936, a little while after he started talking about the idea. I didn't want to miss it after all.
       I talked to the man and my expectations were dashed. I expected someone far more vile and wicked. A scientist who dabbled in the dark arts of some sort or the other. Whether using magic along with his science or going straight like my old friend Frankenstein, (The author never did add “based on a true story” to the book) he should have been a different scientist than what I saw.
       And his cat that was neither alive nor dead...a disappointment. It didn't even exist. I wanted a new kind of zombie. Zombies are normally dead turned into reanimated life. Not both dead and alive a kind of existence which could have granted immense powers.
      No the cat this scientist gave me, this worthless Dr. Schrödinger, simply was an idea. Some sort of discussion point for quantum physics talking about radioactive particles. A waste of a good necromancer's time.
     Though now I can't stop thinking about it. Whether the cat is dead or alive. Stupid science.

No comments:

Post a Comment