Translate

Monday, March 10, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #AVerySpecialOrder

“Location, location, location.”
The Island of Doctor Monroe* #quote

    Looks like I won't be going to my costuming club tomorrow, forgot it was Spring Break. On another note: Cj should be coming over this weekend and my friend Jessica this Thursday. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

A Very Special Order

        Tom looked at the man on the other side of the counter and said, “This better not be a prank. My manager will kill me if we waste that much pizza on a fake order.”
       The man on the other side of counter reached into the pocket of his blue, silk suit and pulled out his wallet with absurd wads of cash. Absurd as his order Tom thought to himself. “Would I arrive in person for a prank? Bring your manager out if you must. I just want my pizzas.”
        Tom turned to the people in the kitchen and conveyed the order after a quick ring up, “Thirty pineapple and mustard pizzas. Special order we have to cook the mustard into pizza.” The entire kitchen went abuzz.  The manager came out on his own to look at the man.
        The man told the manager before he spoke, “I will pay double if you put this ahead all your other orders and refuse to take on any others. I need these immediately.” The customer handed all the money to Tom, double the purchase price as he said.
       “What are you waiting for?” The manager asked his employees. Tom put the money swiftly into the register. Double an order of thirty pizzas? That got close to his share of the rent.
        The order was fulfilled and the pizzas placed in front of the man. Tom said to him, “Would you like us to carry them to your car?”
        “No we'll eat them here.”
        “We'll?” Tom asked.
         The man snapped his fingers and strange lights appeared all over the restaurant. Dragons emerged and filled the seats. “Thank you for the pizzas. Dragons have the strangest tastes and I needed them quick since they said they were craving them. Hardest pets in the multiverse I say. Oh, I forgot, I'm not that hungry but I'd like an order of fries.”

No comments:

Post a Comment