Translate

Monday, March 31, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #ALessonInValue

“404 Page Not Found.”
Tron* #quote

       Tomorrow I'll be heading to my costuming club and bringing my father's armor. He was in one of those mock sword fighting organizations when he was younger. It won't be my father's full suit of armor since I won't bring the entire suit(the thing is heavy) unless they all tell me they tell me they want to see it. I figured the club would want to see it for work on any of their armor they do for costumes.
        It's always fun to clank. Clank, clank, clank. I'll only be wearing the helmet, gauntlets and neck piece so I'm not sure how much clanking that'll get me haha. Oh, and it seems I haven't had increased seizures due to my exercise regiment of walking through the house for a few hours, so that means it isn't too stressful on my body. That's good news. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

A Lesson In Value

       “Daddy, why is gold so expensive?” A child asked his father with that curious expression that children are both famous and infamous for.
        The father looked at his son, and after a brief moment of thought, and gave him the simplest answer he could think of. “Gold is rare. Things that are rarer are more valuable because there is less of it around.”
        “Okay, I think I get it.”
         A few hours later the child held up to his father a sock that he glued various objects onto, including paper clips, and those little cute, wiggly, plastic eyes. Staples along with tape was also on the sock. Various items covered the messy thing.
        “I'll take one million dollars for my Dodadthingie!” the child told his father with a smile.
         “What?” His father asked, perplexed.
        “You told me that things are more expensive the rarer they are. There is only one Dodadthingie in the world. So it should be worth lots of money!”
        The father sighed. “Okay, maybe I didn't explain it properly...”

No comments:

Post a Comment