Translate

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #MissionDisappointing

“Rules were meant to be broken.”
Jiminy Cricket* #quote

Today I learned something. Isn't that interesting? Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Mission Disappointing

       Agent Codename here. At least that's what you can call me. Even if I gave you my codename I'd have to kill you. Or at least give you a very stern warning not to tell anyone. I've come to tell you that even in the world of spies there are moments of vast disappointment. Not tragedy per say. But the kind of disappointment that you get when you were young thinking you were going to get that Christmas gift you always wanted and got clothes instead. That mundane, basic, “let down” feeling.
      Though the situation I ran into ran more along the lines of the normal persons disappointment of when they thought for sure that promotion would be given to them and it was dashed away. That kind of heavy disappointment where your heart hangs high in anticipation then falls low in your gut. That exists in the spy world.
       One day an order came to me that I would be delivering an item to a top secret location. My mind anticipated that I would be carrying contraband for the sake of the country, something dangerous like nuclear bomb components, and that the fate of the world would hang in the balance. That I would save everyone as   I, a spy and super secret agent should. This was the glorious order from higher up I deserved.
Nope. They needed me to help deliver a new coffee machine. The only reason they needed a secret agent is because the location was secret. Maybe I'll save the world later...

No comments:

Post a Comment