Translate

Monday, May 12, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #ElevatorToHell

“It's all about getting your foot in the door.”
The Sasquatch* #quote

Today I decided to decide to make a decision to decide on a decision about deciding about an old decision that involved deciding about the decision regarding the classical decision of salt or pepper.

Elevator To Hell

       There may be a stairway to enter heaven, but there's an elevator into hell. After passing through rusted gates(Satan's too cheap to get pearly gates) a demon forced me into this elevator. (All along the way the demon pushed me along with a spear to my back shouting “Move along Bob what-ever-your-last-name-is).
        I don't know how long I've been in this elevator it feels like a thousand years. The music doesn't change from the same old de-do-de-do for as long as I can remember. I'm not too eager to get there. Not looking forward to hell.
       “Ding!” The elevator door opened, a large robotic hand came out of the wall behind me and shoved me out. I fell into a giant cardboard like box on a conveyor belt.
        A message broadcasted over an intercom, booming so loudly I assumed whatever factory I was trapped in must be gigantic, and I must proportionally be ant-sized.
        “This is your friend Satan. Do not bother struggling. We'll only put you back in the box if you manage to escape. Besides you'll be heading to a better place, reincarnation is a wonderful thing. Oh, don't worry, justice is being served for your sins. While we brought you here in the elevator the music in the elevator pulled the vile soul from your body and it is now rotting in hell. The clean part of your mind is now being recycled here. That is why many of you may notice that most of your memories are missing and emotions jumbled.”
       I started to panic. Recycled? Reincartation? It's probably better than hell but what did that mean? For some reason being told I was going to be recycled like trash was worse than the earlier moments where the demon pushed me through the gate to hell.
        “You, Bob! Yeah, that's what it says on the list.” Satan addressing me forced me to freeze in place. “And you, Sally in the box three rows down from him! You guys getting all scared just makes our life harder. That's why I even bother addressing you all in the first place, to explain to you you're just being reincarnated. Now enjoy your new self! And you probably won't end up a turtle.”
        At the end of the conveyor belt a machine with a large white light swallowed me whole and my next life came to me. I was a turtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment