Translate

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheWorthOfAStar

“The one ring to rule them all.”
Kay Jewelers* #quote


      Today CJ will be coming over. I'm writing this story before we scurry off to pick him up. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Worth Of A Star

       The movie star greeted the little body like he did everyone else in autograph line, pen in hand, ready to sign something. He also showed the child a smile, the same token smile he showed everyone, including the cameras in all the films.
       “What can I sign for you?” He asked the child. He wondered where the parent for the child was.
       “I wish for a new bike.”
       “What?” The movie star responded.
       “My Mom told me that if I wish upon a star I'll get what I want.”
       The star chuckled. “She meant a star in the sky kid.” He smiled to look good for all the cameras around.
       The boy frowned. “Well then you're completely useless. I waited for hours for nothing.” The child left in a huff. The star looked in shock at the child while the next person came up in line for an autograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment