Translate

Monday, May 5, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TotalBaloney

"I tawt I taw a puddy tat!"
Alice, Alice in Wonderland* #quote



        Today I worked on editing some footage of me playing a video game and CJ and I adding commentary over it. For those who don't know this kind of thing is called a Let's Play and a great deal of people have been doing it for a while and post them on the Internet. Usually the popularity of videos is based on how funny/interesting the commentary is. (I looked up a video from Game Grumps, a Let's Play youtube channel, and they got over 200,000 views). Are we as interesting or funny as them? I dunno, but it's a fun little project. As a bonus on the recording of this game I didn't have any seizures during it so yay. Anyway onto the flash fiction!
Total Baloney

        “This world is total baloney,” said space explorer Jim to space explorer Sam.
        “So it's totally fake, it doesn't exist? Then why is it on the maps?” Sam asked for clarification.
        Jim shook his head. “No everything on it is total baloney.”
        Sam snapped his fingers. “I get it! It's one of those worlds full of propaganda. Or does it hide some terrible secret? That makes it less confusing as to why you were suggesting we go there when I thought you said it was fake.”
         Jim groaned. “No, I mean that really, really totally full of baloney!”
         “So not just propaganda? Like everything?” Sam was now totally engaged in this mysterious planet.
Jim yelled, “NO! The planet is actually made out of baloney. It is total baloney because it is completely comprised of baloney. It doesn't even have a molten core. We've been sent to investigate how such a thing could exist.”
        “Huh.” Sam looked at Jim with doubt. “I think you're lying and full of baloney yourself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment