Translate

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Today's #flashfiction John And The Johns

“Just put your mind to it.”
Woody Woodpecker* #quote

CJ might be coming over this weekend so that'll be a shipment of fun. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

John And The Johns

         John and ten other versions of himself stood in a room looking rather confused. A large blackboard was covered in mathematical writings from all of them. Before this they had set upon each other with knives before they lost track of things.
         “So okay, let's go over this again. You went back in time to kill me,” one John pointed to another.
         “Yes, so you wouldn't go back in time to kill the me who wanted to kill me,” That one responded.
         “But wait, how would that help you?”
         “Because I help me...right?” Another John chimed in. “Wait, were you supposed to say that. I thought I was supposed to kill...”
         “No, I was supposed to stop the me that was trying to kill me,” another one said.
         “Which me?”
         “Um...you?” The Johns lost track of who was supposed to kill who. Their projections of how events should have unfolded in the time line and how time travel worked didn't go according to plan.            They expected multiverses and temporal distortions and other things. Instead they miscalculated and misunderstood the science and all wound up in a room together.
          “Maybe we should try to figure this out over lunch?” One of them suggested.

          They all agreed and a nearby restaurant was dumbfounded when they all arrived together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment