Translate

Monday, November 5, 2012

Today's flash fiction #FavoredFractures

“Peek-a-boo!”
The Lockness Monster*


     Well then sent two stories off to publishers. Both flash fictions. Most of the time it took me was editing them by reading them silently and aloud(you catch so many more errors so much more quickly when you read your work aloud trust me) and finding publishers I thought would like them and formatting them properly for those publishers.
     Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Favored Fractures


       Fracturing your mind is fun! I love it. And its easy. Just plug your brain into mind-splitter helmet and “BOOM!” you get the best experience of your life! The first thing I recommend you do(and the easiest thing for beginners) is to pull the creative half of your mind and the logical part of your mind apart. (The combination on the control pad is 1-4-5-7-7-8-9-1 by the way) At the same time you'll see the perspective of your creative half thinking about your logical half and vice versa. It's awesome. The way I felt it was that my creative half saw logic as something that bound it over and over yet gave it wonderful form and my logical half felt creativity inflated it and strained it in both a painful yet joyous way.
      One of the most intriguing though was fracturing my good half and evil half. I can explain it to you but uh, because it can make you nuts its kinda illegal to do it now. I did it before the law was passed so I'm in the OK. I can see why. When I split them both sides found each other twisted, murky and inunderstandable. I became confused because I saw myself as murky because when your mind is split you become both halves and neither of my halves could comprehend each other. They started to want to split further to attempt to form understanding within themselves. That's when I would've gone nuts if the machine hadn't reset itself. From what I read in the paper when somebody goes nuts from that the mind just keeps fracturing over and over again when your good and evil halves of your mind try to split themselves. Wish somebody told me to do that.
      I think I'll stick to fracturing my mind into the part that likes junk food and the part that doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment