Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Today's #flashfiction #TheMinionThatSavedTheWorld

“Going to Vegas baby!”
Henry VIII*

        Though a twist of fate Mom's computer broke last night and so we put her harddrive in my laptop and I got my primary Christmas gift early this year... a new laptop! It has that windows 8 operating system. It's kinda odd in that everything piled up in app gimmicks and stuff(it's like I'm using something that's trying to be one of those smartphones, pads, TVs Xbox things etc.) Things got easy when I just ignored everything and went straight to desktop mode and then figured out how they moved things. The only other annoying thing is that since its kinda a touch screen interface being pushed onto a mouse thing me swiping the mouse does stuff like suddenly the options menu will open. Otherwise the computer is very shiny(literally, the outside casing is very shiny black plastic!) and runs very quickly. I like it a lot. And the screen is big. Nice and big.
Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Minion That Saved The World




     I have a shot. A clear shot. That superhero isn't as invincible as they say. He's got the boss defeated right? He's giving the lecture. He's thought he's beaten us, but I have one of the weapons that can take him out. At least take him out with the shot to the back of the head. BAM! I could get him. Kill the superhero. The boss could activate the machine. We could have our empire. His minions, as in me and all my co-workers would really be the only ones he could choose as his trusted advisors and fellow leaders. We've worked with him to dominate the world for years so we're the only ones he could remotely trust.
All I have to do is take this shot to be one of the rulers of the world.
       But I'm hesitating. I've done this minion gig for so long! Why can't I just let it pay off? I've shot superheroes before! Okay, so those times I knew it would never be fatal. It was always with normal guns against those godlike heroes and I figured I would slow them down for the boss. This is the first time I have a powered up special weapons that can take out one of those superstrength mega-heroes. All I have to do is pull the trigger and shoot the thing I've been fighting against for the last ten years of my employment. Just shoot him and I can get all I ever wanted. Money, power and all that.
       And I can't shoot him. And now he's flown away with the boss. Maybe I wasn't cut out for this job in the first place.

Author Comment: By the way, this is post #300 on the blog! The stories just keep coming don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment