Translate

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Today's flash fiction #BottomOfTheSupervillainTotemPole


Yesterday was very fun as I spent time with family and I will be spending more time with family which is why I have preset another fun story for y'all. Enjoy!

Bottom of the Supervillain Totem Pole


     “Class Y threats!” Captain Skyhigh Danger roared. “That's what those superheroes are classifying us as in their database now! Wait until I find the superhero who changed our position in the villain threat database! I'll show them!”
     “Um, dude,” said The Caped Flamethrower, “No superhero changed our position in their ranking system. It was their auto-update. We haven't exactly been doing anything very supervillainy recently.”
      “Non-sense!” Captain Skyhigh Danger yelled back. “We've been on a crime spree!”
      “Robbing grocery stores, video game stores, clothing stores and pretty much anything that isn't a bank because they have less security. You're power is flight, something many super powered people have as an extra ability, the best part being you can only go about fifty feet high when the weather is good. Sure I can shoot fire as a living flamethrower but I use it mostly for show because three feet of flame isn't practical against all those superheroes that can shoot lasers or normal person with a gun. We're one rank above Class Z supervillains and those are people who suck just as much as we do except they're in prison or dead.”
       “Why are you being so pessimistic?” asked Captain Skyhigh Danger. Normally the Captain tried to give his voice a deep boom to sound more like a scary supervillain but his voice reverted to the same voice he had during his day job as Barry the accountant while he showed his concern for The Caped Flamethrower.
       “Dude we're just not cut out for this,” The Caped Flamethrower said, “I think we should quit.”
       “Wait! I think I have a plan to bring us up to the top! On the same threat level as Lord Zauyiz!” Captain Skyhigh Danger pleaded.
       The Caped Flamethrower crossed his arms. “Lord Zauyiz is a monster alien lord from another dimension with the ability to bend time and space. He's a Class A supervillain and the reason their thinking of inventing a rank above that one just for him.”
Skyhigh Danger frowned a little. “Okay maybe I can't get us that high of a rank, but I think I can get us up to Class F! That's way above where we are!”
        “And how do you plan do that?”
        “We give up crime and join the side of good awhile to train under a powerful superhero, gain their secrets then betray them!”
        “So in the end our plan is the basic betrayal, which anyone can do no matter how powerful they are? We'll still suck just as much and only be ranked based on the secrets we take? Though I suppose our lack of powers will make us seem like less of a threat if we turn so they'll not worry about us as much.”
        “But we will get our fifteen minutes of fame!”
        “But we will also be just as pathetic as before. Eh, whatever not like I got anything better to do. My day job isn't anything special. I'll get to making the 'good guy' costumes.”



No comments:

Post a Comment