Translate

Monday, November 12, 2012

Today's flash fiction #TheHeroAndTheUltimateBattle

“Honor thy father and mother.”
Nero*



      The premise for the short story for the Asimov magazine has been a bit hard to perfect so I'm going to write some extra flash fictions. Several of these will be spares for the blog during Thanksgiving time when family comes so I don't have to write while they're here then some more will be launched to the publishers. 
Saw a another doctor today. I like him. It's good to see another doctor for another opinion on my condition. Still having seizures after all. Seeing my current doctor later this week.
      Anyway onto the flash fiction!




The Hero And The Ultimate Battle


       The stage had been set for the ultimate battle. Lighting struck all around. People ran in fear. They avoided the center of the city where the superheroes fought the mighty villain Lord Zauyiz the monster alien lord from another dimension. A supervillain so powerful and evil that it would take an army to take him down. That's what made it an ultimate battle. A ultra-mega battle that could change someone's entire outlook on life if they were to experience it.
       And I was not one of the heroes in that ultimate battle.
       I was regulated to fighting off the soldiers of Lord Zauyiz. Yup. The minions. The mooks. The masked men. I have superpowers! I should be fighting the mega-bad guy! Not these stooges! Ugh! My super strength is wasted here. Back here fighting the minions I can't even see what Lord Zauyiz looks like! I can hear the explosions. Why can't I have the chance to run away from any explosions. I've been fighting crooks my entire superhero career. I finally get invited to join a big league team and they regulate me to minion fighting. I guess this must have been their plan for me all along.
      Oh, wow a portal to another universe. That must be Lord Zauyiz's power to bend time and space. He's probably summoning some awesome avatar of doom. And I won't get the chance to fight it. I'm stuck here punching mooks. And now I see the weather dynamically changing and I see lasers and blasts of magic. That's the other heroes powers. So much other stuff that's too awesome to describe and I'm only seeing the bits of it I can see coming out of reflections in the building windows from the center of the city. Really I got nothing of the real show. I'm not part of any of the action. I'm missing 99% of it here. Crud.
     But then again I just saved an old lady and a baby from an evil minion. So I guess that's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment