Translate

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Today's flash fiction #MurderMysterySolutionSyndrome

“Not the brightest bulb in the box.”
Thomas Edison*



      Dug down to the Earth's core then kept digging and came out the other side of the planet. Bought some souvenirs and came back. Huh. Didn't think that would work.



Murder Mystery Solution Syndrome

        It's driving me mad! I can never figure out who did it when I watch these murder mysteries! And I'm an avid watcher. Maddie the Mystery Lover they even call me! But this time I know I'll guess it! I know I will! There are only three suspects left after all. Only three suspects the police are considering in the mansion. The rich old husband, his trophy wife and their son. The victim: The judge in the divorce trail. I ran through the episode in my head over and over as the minutes to the climax rolled by. As the end of the episode approached. I went through all the motives and all the evidence. I even went through all the genre trends. Trying to put myself into the writer's shoes. I was going to figure out who did it this time. Victory was going to be mine. I put the pieces together. It had to be the trophy wife. The divorce wasn't going in her favor. And when my favorite detective revealed who did it it was someone that me or the police didn't expect. It was Abbot the butler.

No comments:

Post a Comment