Translate

Friday, November 16, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy flash fiction #MerlinsApprenticeSteve

“Are you thinking what I'm thinking?”
Plato*


       Went to one of my school clubs today. It was fun as usual, only down was I had a small seizure while standing and pushed over a table. My back was against it so it didn't hurt and nobody got hit and nothing got broken so everything was fine. Eh, wouldn't be the first time. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Merlin's Apprentice Steve

      Merlin found out the hard way that he couldn't have his apprentice just through children. No matter how many times the immortal wizard would travel worlds and reincarnate himself he just couldn't find a life where he had kids that had the magical talent he wanted. No Merlin Jr. that had the innate power to compare. Some powerful people in his lineage but not the perfect one.
       So he the stubborn old fart finally gave up and used his magic powers to scout out me in my world. The O, great powerful, Steve of Nevada! He took me in from my orphanage. I thought “hey wizard Dad, cool!” may as well right? Though the old man also thought that he could get me to change my name to one of those arcane wizard names. Ha, ha no. I'm not going around being called Yuti or whatever the heck those wizard names are. I also won't wear those robes.
       Of course there are things I will do for my Dad. Like pay attention to his magic lessons. I mean, sure I learn some cool stuff that I can show off to my friends sometimes. Though really showing off to your friends can make you look like an arrogant jerk, after awhile. (Yeah, I can use magic in my world openly, I come from a lot crazier world than yours we got superheroes and everything! Traveled to yours with Dad. Your. Earth. Is. Boring. Dad needs to show me a cool world next time we travel.)Sure he teaches me cool magic but I also learn a lot of boring magic. He taught me magic to make grass grow. I watched grass grow to see if it was working.
         Dad's nicer than you would think if you avoid his “immortal wizard's wrath” and the whole “turns you into a toad” thing. Once you get on his good side he does tons of things for you with his magic. He pretends that he's doing it to demonstrate his magical powers for all the “inferior peoples” but really he's a nicer guy than he implies.
        Anyway, Dad's going to help me with my science fair project now. He hates helping with any of my science homework. Of course he hates science in general. Crazy old wizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment