Translate

Monday, November 26, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy flash fiction #VillainsMotive

“What's up doc?”
Mr. Hyde*

     Predictably I played my videogame, worked on my book, but also had difficulty converting things to formats for publishers. .rtf can butcher things sometimes. Awwww.
     Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Villain's Motive


          My best friend is whimpering right now. From the pain. I can't remember how many times I've beaten him back. I'd rather not remember. I'm supposed to be fighting with him. Not against him. That's what sidekicks are for. But Lord Zauyiz, the most powerful supervillain, had changed that. His latest plan involved mind controlling superheroes. He could only control most of the weaker ones. Those including the sidekicks of many stronger superheroes such as myself. It wasn't all instantaneous. Over the month since the start of the plan I had seen many superheroes fight their sidekicks and other heroic friends. Beating them to the ground before they would harm the innocent. Now it was my turn to do the same.
        My sidekick and I had just defeated one of the other mind controlled heroes before he turned himself. Within moments my sidekick went off to move forward Lord Zauyiz's plan. The villain's objectives were always confusing and unpredictable. People called him a monster alien lord from another dimension and looking at all his evil plans as a whole had no clear motive. Why did he have his minions rob banks one time then try to conquer nations the next. Or why did he try to cause disasters? Wouldn't destroying a nation defeat the entire purpose of getting money? The money wouldn't be of use if the country was gone. He consistently caused chaos. But if that was all he wanted why wasn't he continuously attacking? People notice that his plans do have some sort of genius in their individual execution so there must be some end goal to it all. And that's what bothers me the most.
        How does me beating my own best friend into the ground fit into some grand scheme?
        That's the most twisted part. With most supervillains you know why you're fighting. Some of them even monologue about it. You know why there's some duel and why people have been attacked and there's peril. But with him it's just some random attack after another.
       I wonder if he ever manically laughs like other supervillains. I've heard he doesn't and is usually silent and speaks with very few words. But I just imagine he's just messing with us and laughing when no one is around.
We're going to stop him. Not me. A superhero more powerful than me is going to destroy that machine that is creating the effect that is mind controlling the weaker heroes. It's already arranged. I was hoping my sidekick wouldn't turn. But while the clock is ticking and that hero is fixing the problem I have to fight my best friend and stop him from harming others.
      I don't know why Zauyiz did this. Another try at “taking over the world”? That's really the only guess we have. I've managed to beat my friend unconscious. I hope that when he wakes up next the machine is destroyed and he is freed. At least I can win against Zauyiz even if I don't know why he was plotting against us in the first place. Though I think maybe I shouldn't need to know why I'm fighting him to fight him. Maybe  I should start considering my motive.

No comments:

Post a Comment