Translate

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Today's #flashfiction #TheElectricalNecromancer

“Monkey see, monkey do.”
Fay Wray*



        Today I plotted my book and such had the same windows 8 problems(perfect for touch they say...) but still love my laptop and played Pokemon. I love Pokemon. Unfortunately my writers club won't be meeting anymore this semester but it will start up again next semester but on the plus side one of my stories I was sending out to publishers has been sent to fellow club members for critiquing.
       Anyway onto the flash fiction!



The Electrical Necromancer


        There was once a team a scientists who created artificial intelligence that could think. It took electrical brain data to produce the intelligence because normal programming couldn't do that. I'm not one of those scientists. Though I still played God. I used their technology. People didn't bother using the technology for immortality. The AI was a replicate of the brainwaves so it wasn't actually the person. But I had ambitions. I wanted to play with the replicates. Beyond what scientists wanted to do with simple labor androids.
       When you have one genius prodigy discovered why not replicate him? That's how I got my grant for my research. My idea wasn't just to take the AI and just make simple copies of one instance. My idea earned me the name The Electrical Necromancer. Necromancer being the type of wizard that raises the dead.
The brain is many instances of brain activity, each instance replacing the other. But so many scientists that derived an AI from people's brain activity only treated it as one thing. I took the genius we analyzed and observed every bit of consciousness I could as it appeared and faded and created an AI from it. When our ten hour experiment ended we had billions of artificial intelligences graphed from a brain instead of one, all echoes of one state of consciousness from one another. When the genius went from being happy to sad I got another artificial intelligence. The called me The Electrical Necromancer as I revived every state of consciousness I could as it faded behind another.
      We didn't have the computing power to render all the artificial intelligences we captured, but I had caught the dying states of mind of this genius. Though when I proposed that I do this through longer periods of life so that we may preserve people's minds throughout their life those around me became scared. They didn't want me developing the technology to bring their mind back from when they were 12 or 2 or 20 or whatever time frame in between. I knew I could. They destroyed all the artificial intelligences created by my experiment and forced me to stay to my non-disclosure agreement. Though this account of my tale for accuracy was created by a forty year old self consciousness copied and hidden in an android. My real self is around 70 years old in a real flesh body.

No comments:

Post a Comment