Translate

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Today's Flash Fiction #CyborgsByTheRollOfTheDice

“We did a bang-up job.”
The Three Stooges*


      Working on the stuff for thanksgiving time and something I'm critiquing for my creative writing club. The work is very impressive. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Cyborgs by the Roll of the Dice

      Note: This flash fiction is different than my others because it has a factor of randomness to it when I wrote it. The length in words of each sentence in the story was determined by the roll of two die. (Example: If one came up with a 2 and the other with a 4 I would have to write a 6 word sentence for that line.) I never re-rolled a single sentence.

Cyborgs attacked.
They had been enslaved and hated for too long.
Part machine and part human they worked each day.
The ones who benefited from them hated them.
All for being strange, twisted creatures.
They decided they would get their revenge for their generations of suffering.
The war was quick and brutal with total cyborg victory.
Enslaving humans felt just.
The humans entertained the cyborgs.
Their labor useless.
After many, many attempts humans rebelled successfully with luck.
The cyborgs were destroyed with the risky weapon the humans rebelled with.
Humans later replaced cyborgs with nanobot workers.

      Author Comment: This was actually more difficult than you might think. Pretty hard actually at points. Sometimes I thought. “If only I was allowed one more word!” (Or one less!) The restrictions made things difficult but fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment