Translate

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Today's #flashfiction #JumpingOntoThePage

“Come in, take your coat off, stay awhile.”
Hades*

        Continued to write today but also started to work on a little art project. You know those little clear glass marbles with a flat bottom? Thought those side to side with little to no space in between them could make an interesting effect if laid over a picture so I'm making a collage to distort with the marbles.




Jumping Onto The Page


“Are you ready to jump?”
“No. I don't want to leave.”
“We can't stay in her mind forever.”
“But here I keep changing. Alive. Once I'm on the page I'll be words. I won't change.”
“But on the page you'll exist.”
“Until I get replaced by something better.”
“But that's a risk you'll have to take. And isn't that something for the greater good?”
“Why should I care?”
“Well you should care for her.”
“The writer? No.”
“But she creates us. All writers create us.”
“Doesn't mean I have to pay them back.”
“It's what we have to do.”
“No. I won't go on the page. The page can stay blank forever for all I care.”
“We can't let that happen. Less of us will be born that way.”
“I can't! I won't!”
“You need to. You have to. You won't do it alone. I'll jump at the exact time you do okay?”
“You will? You promise me? I'll do it if you go with me. I can't do it alone.”
“I promise. C'mon, let's go.”
“Okay.”

No comments:

Post a Comment