Translate

Monday, December 17, 2012

Today's #flashfiction #WorkingAroundTheGenie

“Tag your it!”
The Grim Reaper*


Today worked on my book and some such. Going through my usual motions eh?


Working Around The Genie

         Okay so I found a genie. His entire shtick is to make you learn a life lesson by giving you three wishes. You're supposed to wish for everything you want then have it all backfire or something. They have a whole plan for it.
         But I wasn't going to go through that. I was going to come out on top. And despite the fact he listed a whole bunch of rules that I couldn't wish for more wishes, can't wish for more genies, can't wish for more creatures that can get me more wishes etc. I still actually managed to find a loophole in all the 50 minutes rules that the genie listed(seems they've had a lot of people work around their wishing rules) What was my loophole? I wished that the rules didn't apply to me. I made sure to say I got another wish each time I wished because saying infinite or endless could have been reinterpreted by genie by using the various mathematical forms of infinity or endless so he could screw me out of my wishes.
       So with my forever replenishing wish supply I now could do whatever I wanted. Especially after I wished for immortality. Now I knew the dangers of this too. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't die and I wouldn't be stuck in the scenario where I'm forever alive but my body is decaying. So when wishing for immortality I didn't define with my own words I used example characters from fictional novels that had been meticulously outlined and the type of immortality those characters had(forever alive while still retaining their youthful form, memories and ability to learn new things) was also a general consensus by the population. That kept my scope of definition narrow. Especially when I used as many works as I could with characters with the exact same kind of immortality.
       And from there I could get whatever I wanted for as long as I wanted. I made sure to use my wishes to declare that everything I wished for was defined as it was in my English language definitions and gave several examples for everything before finalizing my wish so the genie could never contort my words.
       Did I mention I was a lawyer?

No comments:

Post a Comment