Translate

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Today's #flashfiction #TheUnderAppreciatedPixie

“Drink responsibly.”
Dionysus*

      Well worked on my book as per usual and workin' on arranging on having my friend CJ come over. Also contemplating guest posting on blogs. Guests posts would be stories unless determined otherwise. If any of you have websites you'd like me to guest post on or if you'd like to guest post here please email me: llkenne1@asu.edu I'd love to write for other people's sites and spread my stuff.
       Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Under-Appreciated Pixie

      Everybody talks about those fairies all the time its fairy this and fairy that. It sickens me really. They're so special because their dust has so many properties. Even between worlds fairy dust is different. Different kinds of fairies do different things. Faeries are the cutest celebrities out there. And fairies are oh, so adorable too right?
      Well I'm Rose the Pixie and I'm just as adorable as any fairy. I'm even cuter that those arrogant creatures. All of us pixies are. We have dust too. It has magical properties. But you don't see it getting regulated between worlds. I hate them. You know witch models and actresses pick the creatures they summon on stage based on looks. Fairies, fairies and more fairies. You know what I'm going to advertise myself in the summoning realm as a fairy see what happens!
      And within a day I'm summoned. Faster than the fairies. Wow. Of course. It's all in the name. Of course I have to steal dust to spread because if they see my dust has pixie effects then my cover is blown. I love the spotlight though. For the moments it doesn't remind me of the fact that I got the job because I named myself a fairy.
      I become absurdly popular. Proves even more its all in the name. Salt is rubbed in the fairy wound when people start summoning pixies because they look like me, the most adorable fairy ever! Then it's one of the biggest stories in all the magical lands when I was lying all along(I accidentally used my own dust instead of stolen dust so my identity was revealed). I was let off the hook because I was so popular. But really it was in the name?
      There's another creature I sometimes hate more than fairies; humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment