Translate

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #AnExplosionADayKeepsTheDoctorAway

“A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.”
Colonel Sanders* #quote


        Today I'm hanging out with CJ, going to head to a card game thing with him today probably. Did so yesterday, there's another guy named CJ there. Funny world eh? Today's though at least it'll be less confusing when I talk to people as my other friend I meet at today's is named Jessica. Yesterday we thought of calling CJ(the one I've known for quite some time) Charles, his first name, but since I've known my best friend and since the first grade it's a bit odd to call him differently after so many years. Ah, name shenanigans. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

An Explosion A Day Keeps The Doctor Away

       “Mr. Secret agent your post-mission check-up is good,” the doctor said with a groan. “No damage from the explosion. Again.”
        The secret agent adjusted his suit and tie and gave the doctor a cocky laugh. “Well I am trained in explosion dodging. It is a big part of secret agent training.”
        “Yes, so adept I've never see an injury on you.”
         The secret agent smiled, “Well I could never make a mistake in the field. Really this is all a formality.  Certainly you can see other patients doctor. I couldn't do any wrong. No need to checkup on me anymore. Just double book and charge me the late fees or whatever and see some other patients I'm a rich enough man to take whatever fees it is. Pennies really. The salary from the secret agent job is just fluff and this is a hobby. I inherited plenty of wealth to go on my own.”
       “I can't advise for that agent. You need to get checkups. You can make a mistake.”
       “I run into these explosions so often doctor it's pretty much daily. Don't bother. I'll always be fine. Just work on your other patients.”
       “Agent-”
        The secret agent left before the doctor could continue. The secret agent dodged the next explosion he was near as usual. But unlike usual he was closer to the blast than he should have been. He was damaged more than he thought he was when he hit the ground. If he went to his checkup he wouldn't have died from the internal would he suffered but didn't know of.

No comments:

Post a Comment