Translate

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #Bureaucratman

“I fell into a burning ring of fire. I went down, down, down and the flames went higher, and it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire...”
Dante's Inferno* #quote

      Today I found a talking rabbit and had a deeply enlightening political debate with it. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Bureaucratman



         Doctor Obliteration laughed as he pulled the lever on his villainous device. With this he defeat all the opposing superheroes and supervillains and the world would be open to his dominion. Nothing happened. He pulled the lever again and again until his hands grew sweaty under the black gloves of his all black costume. He turned around to yell at his minions about what was going wrong with the machine. But instead he found only a superhero who's costume was a mask with a B on the forehead and a business suit.
       “Who are you?” He asked the hero.
       “I am Bureaucratman. I have the power to know everything about every bureaucracy in all existence. It all happened when I was magically infused with a pile of paperwork. But enough of my origin. Your plans have been foiled.”
       “What are you talking about fool? You look like nothing like an ordinary man.”
        Bureaucratman magically summoned a suitcase, “I know your secret identity. As soon as I touched some paperwork in your lair that you touched I knew. I bonded then with your driver's license and every other bit of bureaucracy you have every dealt with. With that I can easily put you away with the help of other heroes even if you escape. Also the reason you're machine isn't working is that I bribed all your minions by magically granting them knowledge on how to get monstrous amounts of tax deductions. They sabotaged your machine and all the hidden weapons in your costume for me. You're powerless.”
       Doctor Obliteration pulled the machine's lever again and then tried to use his weapons. He groaned. “Why couldn't you have been someone like Captain Courage-Fist. A fist to the face is a much less humiliating way to lose.”
       Bureaucratman smiled. “And wait till you see what I do to you in court with my powers of paperwork villain. You'll never want to commit a crime again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment