Translate

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheDragonAndHalloween

Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down...”
Gulliver's Travels* #quote



      CJ should be coming over today. And perhaps we'll meet George Washington again. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Dragon And Halloween

         “But why can't I scare people during Halloween?” the dragon asked the Halloween monsters.
         A zombie answered back, “You're not a spirit of the dead!”
         “But I'm like a dinosaur, and I'm not supposed to exist like all of you guys. It's not fair!”
          Several ghosts said, “Y-y-you're not spooky enough!”
          The dragon roared and breathed fire into the night sky. “See I've been practicing everyone!”
          The ghosts backed up. “W-w-we see.”
           Horse hooves galloped into the area. The headless horseman arrived onto the scene. “So one of the dragon's wants to play Halloween monster? Oh, it's Ronald. Always want to do something new besides fantasy creature? I recall you storming in on the aliens before.”
           Ronald stumbled back nervously, “B-but I...they didn't give me a chance to be one of them and do their thing...and it's boring to just do your normal thing all the time.”
         “Boring? Just do as you were intended to do stupid lizard.” The horseman said.
The dragon began to sniffle.
          A voice then boomed through the air with the ring of clattering bones, “Enough!” Dracula arrived. “I would expect eternal beings of the undead to at least have the wisdom to be able to tell that Ronald is merely a child. Dragons are large after all, so would their children. Ronald...you can't be a Halloween monster. You can help light the jack-o-lanturn flames and watch us scare. If you take this seriously enough and learn from us we'll let you spook a few humans under our watch.”
         “But...” the horseman began to interject.
         “Are you questioning one of my decrees horseman? I could make you the headless and armless horseman. Now Halloween is close. We must prepare.”

No comments:

Post a Comment