Translate

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheModernNinja

“Peek-a-boo!”
The Lockness Monster* #quote

        Today I went to a fun family gathering and we played good ol' Pictionary. Much fun was had. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Modern Ninja

        Today my name is Tom. My target is some CEO that someone wants dead. The reason doesn't matter to me. If the money matches the difficulty I will do the job. I've lived my life trained in one of greatest lineages of ninjas. Greatest in efficiency of death.
        My disguise in the costume came at the recommendation and assistance of my master. I am not top class yet and we would never risk the reputation of our lineage and the organization surrounding it. To sneak into the office I wore basic office attire but I purposely made it slightly sweaty and the tie slightly askew. With a half-full cup of coffee and a sullen tired face I gave off the look of a tired, rushed office worker fitting the Monday morning that I entered the facility.
        And the rush of Monday suited my operation. All of the employees rushed to continue work of the previous week. As researched the company failed to even do ID checks efficiently when the week began. I slipped through the cracks of their sloppy security. I would have failed another day.
Someone asked who I was.
       “Oh, that's the new tech guy Tom, remember him from last week?” answered our inside man. We had him work at the business for three months to research it and set-up for the assassination and situations like this. Our organization never had the inside man carry out the actual killings as he is in the system, fingerprints and all, so evidence at the crime scene could point to him.
        “Ah,” the person replied.
         After a bit of wandering around the company I worked my way to the secretary's desk of the CEO. She was not at the desk. Our inside man managed to force her to deal with some problem of some sort that brought her away from the desk. On the desk I saw two cups of coffee. I knew one of them was the CEO's I poured a few drops of my coffee into both. My coffee was near tasteless along with the poison within it that would cause a death that resembled a heart attack.
        I calmly exited the facility while keeping up my disguise of an office worker. Unfortunately since I couldn't tell which of the two coffee's was the CEO's the secretary was necessary collateral damage. But that is the nature of being a ninja. I must do my assassinations, it is my purpose and calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment