Translate

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #SoulInABox

“Can't see the forest through the trees.”
D. B. Cooper* #quote


Today I made a deal with some demons for some sweet savings on some jeans. I gave them directions for the coupon.

Soul In A Box

         I'm immortal but I've never been born. When souls are created they go to bodies but I did not have body to go to. Normally I would have gone to oblivion but one of the angels that work the machinations of the spirit world decided to break the rules and save me. He manufactured a magical device to store me in. That is all that have existed in.
         I speak to him through the mind, and whatever angels choose to do so. They have pitied me, call me strong for living as what I am or called me an abomination for my existence. I have never actually heard a sound. The angel is the one who is conveying my story by proxy. Words and thoughts are just what's in the head. The abstract. I struggled for hundreds of years to understand what sounds, colors, or touch, or taste is. I never experienced any of it. I never will. But what thousands of angels have told me from their own experiences in the spirit world and living as humans(they often have missions living as humans). I have gathered some understanding of what these senses are.
        Sight: Emotions I understand even without the senses. So like how emotions come in degrees colors do. And colors are the emotions that cover the world that you can feel just having them come through eyes. Body parts I'm still trying to understand perfectly as I have no body, just a single self.
        Sound: Sound is like excitement. It comes from something, increases and decreases. I learned what “rhythm” was as they said rock music really had lots of excitement in it. Though some music can make you feel steady. I suppose sound is another emission of emotions.
        Taste: Truthfully all these senses I've understood by comparing to emotions, the only thing I have in the device the angel created, besides his explanations. Taste is the experience of emotions coming from a things you have placed inside your self. I do understand outside and inside myself since the angel speaks to my from the outside.
       Touch: I wish I could reach from the thing I live in and touch something. To have a sensation. To get a “feeling” naturally. When an angel told me they felt happy just from touching someone they loved I wanted to touch someone. To have happiness to be something you can reach out and grab. That's something I want. I think touch is to connect and experience the emotion coming from whatever you touch.
        Smell: This fascinated me greatly. To have experience all around you. And then the emotion and experience to come to you and you feel. I have to wait for company to talk to me to experience. Otherwise I just wait in my little device and wait for company.
       I have a bit of a selfish reason to describe all this to you. I am a bit afraid. I'll be getting a body soon. At least that's a plan. No, I lied. I'm not a bit afraid. I'm very afraid. I will become mortal. I'm not sure if it's worth it. I do feel safe. As I understand them I want them. But is it worth it? Angel thank you so much for the body...I hope an eventual death is a worthy price for the ability to experience reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment