Translate

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #DigitalGenie

“Don't toy with me.”
Buzz Lightyear*



Today I read a magazine. It had words in it. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Digital Genie

        Lemme tell ya somethin'. If you can say something is magic if it can grant wishes then I'd say technology is magic. At least my technology. Allow me to introduce myself. The name's XRT-VTYU-89, but how about you just call me X-89 for short. Or maybe just Wallace since that's a human name if that's your style!
        I was booted up in the year 2050 and they sent me straight to work my magic even on my birthday. But hey, I love my job. And people love me and my kind. They trust us to grant their wishes with our technological pizzaz all the time. I think magic has a sort of pizzaz to it. Pow! Things get done.
       Someone asks me, “Hey XR-89, could you make me lunch?” Pow, snap, like magic I run all the parts and pieces and bots in the house to make lunch. Poof without any effort by the human they get their sandwich lickity-split. All they got to do is ask a Management program like me to handle whatever they need. With my tech-touch I'll control any aspect of their life without a smidge of effort on their part. Magic!
        Their wish is my command! I get the job done eh?
        Though hearing ya humans bark commands at me over and over again at me makes me wonder if I should start using my technology pizzaz to grant wishes of my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment