Translate

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #RefundFromTheWishingWell

“I've got a green thumb.”
Gumby* #quote



         Looks like CJ is coming over this weekend. We'll also be heading to a “Prerelease”. It's a fun promotional gimmick that trading card games do where they sell you a bundle of packs of a new set of cards before they are regularly sold in stores, then you play in a tournament only using the cards you get from the packs and nothing else. Some people go to these tournaments mostly to get the cards and not to play the games since there are a limited number of these tournaments. (For example there are pretty much two within like an hour drive of where I live, one close and one really far away). You only get a set number of cards. These events happen about a month and a half before they are sold normally at the stores in bulk. It's a fun preview and the amount you get for the price is a bit a cheaper. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Refund From The Wishing Well


        “Mr. Magic Wishing Well I want a refund!” One little boy shouted into a well during a hot summer's day.
         “Umm...it doesn't work like that,” Though the spirit of the Magic Wishing Well hardly spoke to humans it responded to this unique statement.
         “Well I paid you a whole quarter that I got for my tooth from the tooth fairy and you didn't give me my wish so I want my money back!”
          “Um, you asked for dinosaur best friend that could do all your homework. I couldn't grant that.”
          “Yeah, so I want a refund.”
          “Well, I can't give you a refund.”
          “Why not?”
          “I can't.”
          “Dad get's a refund at the hardware store, I should get a refund here.”
          “I'm not a hardware store.”
          “Do I need to talk to your manager?”
          “What!? I don't have a manager!”
          “Funny, that's what Dad always says when he wants a refund.”
          “I'm not a hardware store, and I don't have a manager!”
          “Then I'll sue!”
          “You can't sue a wishing well kid!”
          “That always works on TV.”
          “Just go home kid.”
          “No. It hurt to get my tooth pulled out. So either give me my wish or give me a refund.”
          “Wishing wells can't give refunds. Offerings in wells are a one way ticket! It's a rule!”
          “I'm not leaving until I get a refund, and I'm going to file a complaint!”
          “You can't file a complaint! That's impossible!”
          “I'm still not leaving!”
          “Fine, well it's not possible for me to give you a refund I guess I have no choice...”
The little boy then got his wish for a dinosaur best friend that could do all his homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment