Translate

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheOtherVoyager

“Is that your final answer?”
The Spanish Inquisition* #quote


There isn't much swimming in video streaming is there?


The Other Voyager

          “No! Don't leave me here!” I thought. But whoever could scrambled for the lifeboats and left me behind. The officers followed the rule of women and children first while the sea began to swallow us all up. There weren't enough life boats for everyone. But I couldn't get on a life boat and escape the sea if I wanted to. I'm too large. It hurts. My body split open and my insides spilled out. I stared at the sky as the sea pulled me deeper and deeper. People sank into the cold water with me. They climbed on top of me as high as they could to escape the cold when they couldn't get to life boats.
       I then tipped the other way, water spilled on me and it became harder to remain above the surface as water filled me. Now I'm only thinking about my failure as I hear the screams of those on top of me. My body was supposed to be strong. It should have handled the impact with the iceberg and no one should have died when I sank into the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment