Translate

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Today's #flashfictions #TheSongsOfACliff

“Come with me if you want to live.”
Dr. Frankenstein* #quote


       Seizures were back down today, so that was good. Talked to CJ he might be coming over. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Songs of the Cliff

         I'm sitting on a cliff right now overlooking the ocean seagulls flying left and right. Oh, you think I'm here to do something dangerous? No I'm here almost everyday. To play songs. Songs I don't even know. I'm holding my violin now propping it up on my shoulder and playing. These songs I don't know? I can never know them until I play them. I'm not even reading them from a paper either.   I'm just making them up as I go along. I'm not mentally composing them either. They just come to me as I sit on this cliff. I wonder if they come to me from the sound of the wind or the beating of the waves or maybe even the noises of the seagulls. They are always good melodies. Consistent and clean. I wonder if I should write them down. Sometimes people watch me preform. I don't mind them. I don't demand payment either. I just ask them to be quiet so I can have my little cliff. I live in a small town though so I don't get much attention. Today though something different happened. A wonderfully pretty girl my age walked up and sat down next to me on the cliff.
         “May I play with you?” she asked, holding out her own violin.
         “Certainly.” I responded.
         And we played together. Somehow the same songs I came up with came to her head and we were in perfect synch. We played together till the late afternoon. My usual stopping time. At that time we exchanged names. She told me she had heard of me and asked if we could play together the next day. We did and we kept playing together day after day. We stayed silent as we played but at the end of each afternoon we told each other more and more about each other. And over time we bonded more and more.
        And eventually a time came and we wed on that very cliff our violins in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment