Translate

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #SpyVSCat

“Stop horsing around.”
Chiron* #quote

The foundation of my beliefs in medical science is that I can step on a crack without breaking my mother's back.


Spy VS Cat


         The spy laid traps all across the apartment. Snap, crack! A few went off and the spy quickly checked them. A total of ten traps went off in the kitchen, hidden cages and nets sprung out from the walls. Yet the spy saw the cabinet door wide open with his cat inside holding the bag of cat food.
          “You have won again my worthy foe. I have saved the world from supervillains, stopped nuclear disasters, captured traitors, terrorists, and shoplifters. I led the mission that stopped World War III. Yet somehow you keep defeating me. Perhaps I should take this as a compliment to myself for raising you so well. A pet of a man such as myself should be able to do such feats. But yet, I am master, and you are pet! I will stop you from taking your food before dinner time!”
         The spy continued the battle with his cat, laying trap after trap. One the principle of the matter he wouldn't get a safe. He wouldn't let himself be beaten. Though as time went on that's what kept happening. No matter how elaborate or simple the traps became...or how numerous, the spy could not stop his cat from taking the food whenever it pleased.
          When the spy's hairline vanished and the cat's hair turned ragged things finally changed. When age finally caught to the clever animal a trap caught it.
          “Meow,” the cat halfway coughed as a cage fell over it.
           The spy opened the cage and pulled the cat out and started to pet it gently as he did ever since it was a kitten. “Our little contest had quite the run didn't it?” The old cat let out a gentle purr.

No comments:

Post a Comment