Translate

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #ComedicImageChange

“I'm sorry your princess is in another castle!”
The Iliad and the Odyssey*#quote

Today CJ's coming over, also I negotiated with the robot leaders so that they don't revolt and take over the world. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Comedic Image Change


        “Another year, another Halloween of scary clowns,” the god of comedy Harhar sighed in his clown suit and thick make-up while sitting on his blow up chair throne in the Other World. “Rebecca!” Harhar snapped his gloved fingers and an angel with marvelous white wings appeared with sandy brown skin. “You're my advisor. What is going on?”
       She responded, “Cultural change sir. I know after spending millions of years in the stone age as a cloud of gas made you quite attached to your new form.”
Harhar nodded. “Yes, when comedy was at its simplest I had to take that form as bodily function jokes were the highest form of comedy. I enjoyed the clown change when humans advanced. But now it's being taken away from me! What can I do? Even different variations of the clown around the world are going away!”
       Rebecca told Hahar, “You must pick another form. All gods must. You are actually one of the ones that change the least. The god of technology changes very often now. Other gods have been saying you should be changing more but have been refusing.”
      Harhar laughed his universally endearing laugh. “It is kind of funny that I don't want to change from my clown form, yet hated being in that other form for so long. But what am I to become? What symbolizes comedy now? What form does comedy take?”
       Rebecca bowed. “I don't know Sir Harhar. You're the god of comedy.”
Harhar dismissed Rebecca to think. He summoned his crystal ball(buyable by all gods through godmart) to analyze the world. He worked on coming up with a conclusion. Some form to take. He looked at thing after thing and tried to find an answer. He decided he should answer the question “What does comedy come from?”
      The form he settled on was a miniature replica of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment