Translate

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheKingAndTheGeneral

“The butler did it!”
Sherlock Holmes* #quote

Today Grandma came over and I also wrestled a dragon. Much fun was had! Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The King And The General

         “Aloko. Or in your language, 'leave'.” The alien said to the general. The alien wore black and white striped prison clothes like any human but his tall cylindrical head and three eyes would make him stand out among any human prison crowd. He laid on the bed of in his cell while tapping the walls with his long, purple-skinned, hairless fingers. The alien's home world chose to evolve him with the same number of fingers and toes but longer feet.
      “King Goorlo, it is good to see you again.” The decorate general smiled and ignored the alien's statement. The general's friendly voice complimented his friendly face and clean, smooth black skin. He took care of his light brown hair and appeared near model-like. The generals looked was a military tactic in itself. The better you looked, the more likely people would listen to you.
      “How am I King? General Hallows you've taken away my kingdom.”
      “You know it is our full intention to put you back on the throne.” General Hallows walked closer to the bars of the cell. “The President along with the U.N. are ready to release upon the signing of the treaty.”
       “I know why you put me in these prison clothes instead of keeping me in my royal clothes. You wanted to bring me down to a human level. Declare my 'crimes' as human as portray me like a human to your masses and mine. So my son will fold under pressure and your people will see me as a villain atoning. I'm not stupid.”
         General Hallows bowed. “Your Highness don't think such things.”
         Goorlo yelled back, “I told you I'm not stupid human!” Goorlo took a breath and continued. “I also know there must be a reason you are here. I take it my son is not giving into your demands?”
         “Your son is continuing the war, yes. You know that it is bad for your Kingdom. You struck first to conquer our planet because you are a strong people but our planet struck back. But this war is a losing battle. Join us and you can conquer the rest of your own planet and their your own solar system! Why have your son and people suffer?”
          Goorlo thought to himself then responded. “We have spirit and pride. We will win.”
          The General saw that his more sweet-talk method wasn't working and switch to a different tactic. His voice turned harsh in an instant and his face twisted like when he drilled troops many years ago.  “You are wrong. You will lose. Pride? Spirit? Useless when you're all dead? Is that what you want? Do you want to die? Do you want your people to die? Do you want your son to die? Capturing you to pressure a treaty is a peaceful method. Peaceful! If you get close to winning and humanity needs to survive it will burn your entire kingdom to the ground, just like you wanted to do to us.”
         Goorlo thought again while General Hallow's words brought memory's of his planet back to his mind. At that moment he decided to do what made sense but also made his two hearts sink. Goorlo decided to work with the general to persuade his son and negotiate a “peace treaty”. Near unconditional surrender in all but name, the Goorlo would work with humanity to conquer the alien worlds.
         Until the Yulaii came along and kidnapped The President.

No comments:

Post a Comment