Translate

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheEvilCandyPlan

“The one ring to rule them all.”
Kay Jewelers* #quote



         Today my parents and I watched The Lego Movie. I already watched it with my brother way back around the time it first came out. (He played with legos often as a child, and often we did together. Ah youth.) It was fun to show that movie to my parents. It's all around funny no matter your age so yeah, check it out if you haven't already. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Evil Candy Plan

       “Where did you get all this candy?” mad scientist Doctor Evilcacklelaugh asked his mad scientist prodigy son. “Did you steal it? I didn't hear any babies crying, so you certainly didn't steal it from any babies.”
       The son replied in the most deep and menacing of voices his ten year old voice could muster,  “Oh no Father, what I did to get the candy was for more evil. I broke a sacred rule Father. You will be so proud.” The son laughed.
      The father raised a skeptical eyebrow. Considering the fudge-covered panda incident of last week he doubted his son's ability in succeeding in an evil scheme. “Oh?”
      “Father, I trick or treated for the candy! And it's past Halloween! All by configuring your time machine to holiday events. Since you could only get it to travel to Elvis's third birthday for fifteen minutes. It took all the energy of the chronology-core though.”
       Doctor Evilcacklelaugh tried not to yell at his son. Or at least restrain himself until he found the proper amount of yelling to be done. “My son, you wasted the chronology-core on trick-or-treating?”
      “Ah, but I trick-or-treated when it wasn't Halloween! I broke a fundamental rule of society!” The son stood triumphant.
       The Father wanted to throw all the candy out the window. “Son, when you traveled back in time, it was Halloween. Your evil plan failed. You accomplished nothing.”
        The son fell silent. Then after several moments of shame and guilt came up with a response, “I got candy! Even lots of chocolate...your favorite...” He held up a chocolate bar to his father.
Doctor Evilcacklelaugh smiled and said, “Well you know my one weakness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment