Translate

Friday, November 21, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheLordOfGossip

“If the shoe fits, wear it.”
The Sasquatch*


          Tomorrow CJ should be coming over, and also we should be going to a pokemon video game tournament thing. Interesting story regarding Pokemon. This years Pokemon World Champion was South Korean, and in their country they held parades to celebrate his victory. Several were canceled because of overcrowding and safety concerns. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/11/16/south-korean-pokmon-world-champ-parades-canceled-due-to-crowds
Take a look to see a picture of one of the parades to see. Looks like people around the world are taking video games more and more to heart eh? Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Lord Of Gossip

       I combed my hair carefully and in an orderly shape. A businessman usually did. I wore an expensive black suit. It's deep color matched my eyes while my hair had the same white as snow in early winter.
       A large pile of paparazzi photos covered my desk. Which ones should go into the magazine? It didn't take me long to sort through them. I found the most significant celebrities quickly. The magazine does its best when it makes stories on the ones that people obsess about the most.
       However as I usually do before making my decision I checked my file on each of the celebrities. I've run the magazine for many years. Celebrities come and go. There are patterns to what kind of sensational things get people to pick up the magazine the most. I can't print the same story too close together or people may think its a repeat of something earlier or naturally someone else may have reported it. I barely recall the days when I actually followed these celebrities like others did.
       Now its a system. Marriages, divorces, crimes, drugs, scandals are a science. In other files I've got profit charts lined up next to various stories and who wrote them, how they were written, their subject matter, what celebrities are in it. Everything breaks down.
        In the photos on my desk there's a scandal at a party that will increase sales a little. However I'm hoping a singer dies. Then I'll be able to buy another car.

No comments:

Post a Comment