Translate

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #WereDiety

“Size matters not young warrior.”
Bruce Lee* #quote


I went to my card game thing today. I am also solidifying a book idea. Will it work? Will it not? Eh, I shall try! Best to do more than just the flash fictions....speaking of which, onto the flash fiction!

Were-Deity

         About four more hours until my divinity wore off. At least I called it divinity. The beings I turned into every full moon came close enough to gods that I considered them such. Of all the things I learned about the universe when I turned into them, I didn't learn anything about my transformation or the nature of them.
         The human I lived as was named David. I debated whether or during the full moon I consider myself him anymore. When the full moon came David changed into a “deity” of some form and the mind expanded into something his mind couldn't understand.
         In an effort to understand everything the transformations were recorded. I suppose my name would be the God of Wind. I know everything about wind. Everything. The position of everything single gust on the planet. I could predict any weather pattern change of wind with a simple thought as well as control it. I recorded my thoughts on paper as well as this name. The length of the full moon limited my life. One deity already tried to move to extend his life but it actually shortened as whatever phenomenon creates the transformations centers around David's home.
        I'm not quite sure the point of recording my thoughts in the journal of transformations. In his normal form David was not a very bright man. He couldn't wrap his head around the great knowledge of the universe that the deities provided. Perhaps a vain attempt to preserve myself and feel like I meant something. A life only a single night long could only give you so much purpose. At least I could live on as words on a page.
         Despite my great knowledge of the winds and vastly superior intelligence to David I cannot understand why he won't share what he has learned what his transformations have taught him with the world. He may not comprehend the words in the journals but others could. I guess he wants to try to figure it out on his own and would be insulted if someone else did it before he did. Or perhaps he wants to keep the knowledge of the universe obtained through his transformations for himself like some kind of property? Maybe the deity of the next full moon will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment