Translate

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheBellhopOfArea51

“I take Prilosec OTC each morning for my frequent heartburn, because you can't beat zero heartburn.”
Johnny Storm, The Fantastic Four* #quote

      Jessica's coming over tomorrow. I look forward to the inevitable fun. Hopefully no mole people pop up in my backyard again. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Bellhop Of Area 51

       The government houses many aliens at Area 51. Usually they stay one to two weeks before heading home. That's the usual luxury Earth vacation affordable by most aliens. And Area 51 is a luxury hotel for aliens. Any alien feels special if they stayed at the Area 51. Most all off-book government projects that aren't on the public tax-dollar budget are paid for with money earned by alien vacationers. And 25% of those patrons come from Area 51.
       And I'm a bellhop in that wonderful little place. It's a surprisingly mundane job. After the shock of seeing the aliens you just stand next to the teleporter leading into the underground facility and just serve the aliens coming in. After seeing the two headed, tentacled, cat-tailed alien with robot suit I pretty snapped and treated it like a normal hotel job like the one I had in Vegas before I joined the military.
      I hope that once I finish this job I use the money and get a college degree. Maybe a double major with one being in creative writing. Always wanted to write science fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment