Translate

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheClownZombie

“On the road again.”
Frogger* #quote

        Today I met with Squark, Lord of the Penguins. He has agreed to not wage war with our people and has put away his nuclear fins. I rest easy knowing that we will not go into conflict with them. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Clown Zombie

        Like normal humans, zombies need jobs to support themselves. Can't very well attack people for flesh or we'd be dead very quickly. (Common misconception that we only eat brains or people) It's much better to just buy meat. Staying indoors is not the best life and its difficult to live and do a job completely indoors. A non-social, lonely existence is a draining one.
       However I have found an occupation that easily gives me the excuse to go outdoors and wear an extremely large amount of makeup to cover all my deterioration. The wonderfully cheerful occupation of clown,mimes or other similar performers. I found through my years that about 20% of these occupations contain my kind. Over the years I have made many friends, of living and dead.
       Many circus owners are necromancers and it is quite the “industry secret”. I feel inclined to share since no one would believe you anyway. Discover proof of a zombie and a necromancer would soon be after to take your memories.
       I learned that the hard way since I told the truth to someone outside the occupation. A dear friend of mine. I'll leave his name undisclosed to keep him safe from the same kind of thing again. I thought it would be fine to tell him. After all that time he spent watching our shows, apparently a lover of many forms of entertainment. He chose to watch movies, read books, see plays and find every single kind of nook and cranny of performance type and watch it several times over. He wrote about them and considered a magic show, my comedy performances with my troop, and a movie all forms of expression.
      He worked so hard on so many of analysis of his work and was respected among those interesting circles of critics and people read his website now and again. Not a big name but certainly added to the pool of insight in the world.
      But I revealed our secret, the existence of the undead, and the necromancers needed to take of the problem. I didn't understand what would happen. His memories of me and my existence vanished. Years of his personal insight and life were mangled as the necromancers replaced it with generic memories.
     I could try to tell myself I didn't do much since much of his work didn't have to with me. But I knew since he referenced when he saw my little clown troop do its show in his other work or in his own mind to other memories I knew a ripple effect forced the necromancers to alter much more of his memories. I didn't think, and I hurt him because of it.
If I'm lucky, he'll become a zombie and I can apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment