Translate

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TwasTheNightWayBeforeChristmas

“A mind is a terrible thing to waste.”
The Walking Dead* #quote

      Today I started writing another book. Not sure how it's going to pan out, as I'm heading into this one without too much planning. However I decided to just go ahead so I didn't just stay in not-writing-a-book limbo forever. So even if it crashes and burns I hope I can write at least get more practice writing larger pieces until I can get a book I'm satisfied with of publishable length. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Twas The Night Way Before Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
So many creatures was stirring, especially the pet mouse;
No stockings were hung by chimney with care,
It would be a week or two before St. Nicholas would be there;
The children were were playing video games in their beds;
While visions of high scores danced in their heads;
And mamma wrapping, while I got out of my work suit,
We just finished our present pursuit,
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I wouldn't get to my bed to until I saw what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up and felt ready to bash,
The neighbor's stupid barking dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment