Translate

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #OptimisticHamlet

“I'm not sure if this is my color.”
Gandalf the White* #quote


Still hanging with CJ today, so here's a flash fiction from the archives for ya. I changed some lines to make it better so if you've got a hardcore enough of a memory to recall all those months and hundreds of stories back maybe you can spot the difference!

Optimistic Hamlet


         Hey my name's Steve, time traveling, extra dimensional ghost with psychic powers able to allow me to read and manipulate the minds of all people. So yeah, I'm just touring the ages and I run across this really sad guy named Hamlet having the most depressing internal monologue. So depressing it just stopped me right in my tracks.

To be, or not to be that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die, to sleep
No more and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep
To sleep perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil...

       And that was no where near the end of it the poor guy. He just kept going on with this mental contemplation, and it was about suicide! Poor fella. Normally I don't interfere with things but I decided I would go back in time and fix his attitude and his monologue up a bit.

To be or not to be that is the question:
A question I shouldn't worry about,
Because I'm already pretty sad already.
My week can't get any worse anyway.

       There all better. Well, I'm going to time travel to the 70's for a quick disco dance or two. I don't know what he was so depressed about but I think he should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment